A future based on heritage Tradition & Innovation form the basis of PLEWA‘s guiding principle. With almost 400 years‘ membership of the „Eulner ruderschaft“ pottery guild, in 1868, Jacob Plein-Wagner („Ple-Wa“) laid the foundation for today‘s company.
Right since those early days, product development has always come first. For instance, early in the 20th century, the invention of the fireclay pipe led to a ground-breaking change in the design of chimneys.
The chimneys which had formerly been made of masonry, and all the issues they brought with them,
gave way to an industrially fabricated quality product optimally adapted to meet the high requirements for stove and heating technology.
The standards formulated in that patent are just as valid today.